All International Students should read and understand the information below prior to enrolling at ASTAR Training Institute.
At ASTAR Training Institute we understand that it may be over whelming when thinking of travelling to another country to study. Below is a list of things you must do prior to arriving to Australia:
- Enrol in a course with ASTAR Training Institute. You will receive a letter of offer and once fees are paid you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which will allow you to apply for your visa.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): Have an appropriate OSHC for the duration of your time as a student in Australia
- Fulfil all requirements for being issued with the International Student visa.
International Students that wish to study at ATI must:
- be 18 years of age and over; and
- have completed year 12 or Equivalent
As the course is delivered in English the students must be able to read and write at a year 12 level or the overseas equivalent. Students must have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent and test results must be no more that 2 years old.
Evidence of English Language competence may not be required where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country; or
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO; or
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia.
As part of the enrolment process all International students will need to take part in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test through an online platform called LLN Robot.
ATI expects its International students to possess a suitable level of digital literacy skills (computer skills)
Once you have obtained your student visa and you have arrived in Australia, you must comply with the following mandatory conditions to continue your study in Australia as an International student:
- Not permitted to work more than 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session. You can work full time during holiday breaks.
- Maintain an appropriate level of OSHC throughout your time in Australia
- Maintain sufficient funds/ financial capacity to support your time in Australia
- Maintain satisfactory course progress and attendance levels
- have a passport with at least 6 months validity and your visa documentation.
For further information or assistance please visit the following website: www.homeaffairs.gov.au
As an overseas student on a student visa you are legally required to provide evidence of maintaining approved OSHC while studying in Australia. When you have been accepted into a course of study at ASTAR Training Institute, and you have paid your tuition deposit you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). It is your (the students) responsibility to apply for OSHC.
You can refer to the following link for further information: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/Overseas+Student+Health+Cover+FAQ-1
Our friendly Administrative staff can tell you more about our course fees and payment options. Give them a call on 1300 153 276 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact our Student Support team to provide you with a copy or our International student handbook.
CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care
CHC50113 Diploma in Early Childhood Education & Care
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management
ATI students can have their competency from prior learning and work experience recognised in all qualifications offered to International students through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer process. Students that have successfully completed previous training and who have achieved relevant units will be eligible for credit transfer.
As an International student, please note that the granting of course credit could affect your student visa. Where a course credit is granted after your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) has been issued, you will receive a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
ASTAR Training Institute's agents are trained to provide students with information about the Institute and all the courses we offer. Agents have also been trained to assist students through the Visa application process. In order to streamline our enrolment process for International Students, agents must be registered with ASTAR Training Institute.
How to become an educational agent for ASTAR Training Institute
Thank you for your interest in representing ASTAR Training Institute and becoming an authorised agent in your region. To receive an application form please contact our administration staff on email@example.com or call us on 1300 153 276.
Student Support Information
At ASTAR Training Institute we are committed to supporting our students with a range of services which include:
- Administrative support
- Learning support
- Language, Literacy & Numeracy support
- Work placement support
- Special needs support
- Referral to agencies providing accommodation services
Detailed information about the above support services are available for all students by contacting our Student Support Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org